ASICS Event Expo Baggage Drop
We are encouraging all participants to utilise the baggage facility provided at the Asics Event Expo to drop off in advance, any race day bags that you will require post-race.
This early drop off facility will enable us to have your bags ready and waiting for you in the baggage area as soon as you have finished your race.
We would recommend the following;
- Change of clothes
- Light weight jacket
- Any snacks to refuel post-race (please no fruit)
Please do not place in your bag valuables such as wallets, keys, phones etc. Belongings must be collected before 2:30pm on Sunday race day or they will be treated as lost property. The organisers take no responsibility for the contents of any bag, for theft or loss of property.
Expo Baggage Drop Off Procedure
1. Collect your race kit at Asics Registration Expo, Town Hall
2. Place Baggage Sticker (provided in your race kit and contains the same number as your race bib) on the plastic bag provided.
3. Insert any post- race items you want into the plastic bag.
4. Drop at the Baggage Collection marquee situated outside of the Expo. Baggage Drop Off will be open during Expo Trading hours  except on Saturday 19 Sept where it will close at 12 noon.
Event Day Arrangements
There will be a marathon and half marathon baggage truck at the event start (closing 25min before your race start time). However, we would encourage participants in these events to make use of the Event Expo drop off, if at all possible.
The rationale and objectives for doing so include;
(a) Reducing the number of baggage trucks - we often don't have time to fit the trucks across the Harbour Bridge between events in order to have bags waiting for you at the Royal Botanic Garden.
(b) Improving Security - minimising the number of bags dropped in a short period of time at the start and providing more time for security checking prior to event day.
We will have a back-up baggage truck for Fun Run participants on event day. However, due to course restrictions this truck won't arrive at the Recovery Village until past 11am and bags will not be available to collect till approximately midday.
To minimise the use of the baggage service we encourage all participants to wear old clothes (not garbage bags - which are a trip hazard) and discard them at the start. All discarded clothing will be donated to charity.