We encourage all participants to utilise the baggage facility provided at the ASICS Event Expo to drop off any race day bags that you will require post-race in advance. The early drop off means your bag will be ready for you as soon as you've finished your race!
We would recommend the following;
- A change of clothes
- A light weight jacket
- Any snacks to refuel post-race (no fresh fruit please)
Please do not place valuables such as wallets, keys, phones etc. into your bag. Belongings must be collected before 2:30pm on Sunday race day or they will be treated as lost property. The organisers take no responsibility for the contents of any bag, for theft or loss of property.
Expo Baggage Drop Off Procedure
1. Collect your Event Kit at ASICS Event Expo, Town Hall
2. Place Baggage Sticker (provided in your Event Kit and replicates the race bib) onto the plastic bag provided at the Baggage Collection marquee outside of the ASICS Event Expo.
3. Insert any post race items you want into the plastic bag.
4. Drop at the Baggage Collection marquee situated outside of the ASICS Event Expo. Baggage Drop Off will be open during Expo Trading hours except on Saturday 17 Sept 2016 when it will close at 4pm SHARP.
Event Day Arrangements
There will be a baggage truck at the event start for the marathon and half marathon ONLY (closing 25min before your race start time). However, we would encourage participants in these events to make use of the ASICS Event Expo Baggage Drop, if at all possible.
The rationale and objectives for doing so include;
(a) Reducing the number of baggage trucks on road - we often don't have time to fit the trucks across the Harbour Bridge between events in order to have bags waiting for you at the Royal Botanic Garden.
(b) Improving Security - minimising the number of bags dropped in a short period of time at the start and providing more time for security checking to be completed prior to event day.
To minimise the use of the baggage service we encourage all participants to wear old clothes (not garbage bags - which are a trip hazard) and discard them at the start. All discarded clothing will be donated to charity.